Board Election 2021
2022 Board of Trustees Election Information
Election Day: May 1, 2021
New Braunfels ISD will hold a General Election on May 1, 2021. Trustee Positions 3 and 5 will be on the ballot. These are for a three-year term.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district’s general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5 p.m. on the 78th day before Election Day. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.055(a), Tex. Elec. Code § 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on the 74th day before Election Day
First Day to File for Place on the Ballot: January 13, 2021
Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot: February 12, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Last Day to Register to Vote: Thursday, April 1, 2021
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Monday, April 19, 2021
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked): Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail: Saturday, May 1, 2021 (election day) at 7:00p.m.
An application for place on the ballot should be filed in person, by fax or by email with the Elections Administrator. Office location is the NBISD Administration Building, 1000 N Walnut Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130.
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
Tex. Elec. Code § 141.001.
The Texas Education Code imposes additional requirements:
- To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.061; Tex. Elec. Code § 11.002.
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Notice of Election
Order of Election
RDER OF ELECTION
(ORDEN DE ELECCIÓN)
An election is hereby ordered on May 1, 2021, for the purpose of:
(Se ordena una elección el 1 de mayo, 2021 con el propósito de)
New Braunfels Independent School District Board Election:
School Trustee District # 3 (Un Representante para el Distrito # 3)
School Trustee District # 5 (Un Representante para el Distrito # 5)
Early Voting Dates and Hours (Fechas y Horarios de Votación Anticipada)
April 19, 20, 21 & 23, 2021 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
19, 20, 21 y 23 de abril de 2021 8:00 de la mañana a las 5:00 de la tarde
Thursday, April 22, 2021 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Jueves, 22 de abril 2021 7:00 de la mañana a las 7:00 de la tarde
Saturday, April 24th, 2021 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sabado, 24 de abril de 2021 7:00 de la tarde a las 7:00 de la tarde
Monday, April 26, 2021 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Lunes, 26 de abril 7:00 de la mañana a las 7:00 de la tarde
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Martes, 27 de abril de 2021 8:00 de la mañana a las 5:00 de la tarde
Main Early Voting Polling Location (Lugar Para Votación Anticipada)
COMAL COUNTY ELECTIONS OFFICE
396 N. Seguin Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130
Locations of Branch Early Voting Polling Locations (Lugares Para Votación Anticipada)
COMAL COUNTY OFFICES – GOODWIN ANNEX 1297 Church Hill Dr., New Braunfels, TX 78130
GRACE CHURCH (GUADALUPE COUNTY) 3240 FM 725, New Braunfels, TX 78130
BULVERDE CITY HALL 30360 Cougar Bend, Bulverde, TX 78163
**GARDEN RIDGE COMMUNITY & EVENT CENTER 9500 Municipal Parkway, Garden Ridge, TX 78266
**In the event that Garden Ridge cancels its election, this site shall not be used as a vote center.
** En caso de que Garden Ridge cancele su elección, este sitio no se utilizará como centro de votación.
Applications for Ballot by Mail shall be mailed to: (Las solicitudes para votar deberan ser enviadas a) Bobbie Koepp, Early Voting Clerk, 396 N. Seguin Ave., New Braunfels, Texas 78130.
Applications for Ballots by Mail must be received no later than the close of business on April 20, 2021. (Las solicitudes para votar deberan ser enviadas no mas tarde que el 20 de abril de 2021).
SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO COVID-19
SUJETO A CAMBIOS DEBIDO A COVID-19
Issued this the 8th day of February, 2021.
For more information or to request/submit an application, please contact:
Dr. Clint McLain
Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations
New Braunfels ISD
1000 N Walnut Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Phone (830) 643-5758
Fax (830) 643-5701
Page updated April 20, 2021