Board Election 2023
2023 Board of Trustees Election Information
Election Day: May 6, 2023
New Braunfels ISD will hold a General Election on May 6, 2023. Single Member District 2, Single Member District 4, and one At-Large Positions will be on the ballot. Districts 2 & 4 are a 3 year term. The At-Large position is to finish out the remainder of the term vacated by Wes Clark & is for two years.
Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot
Election Day: Saturday, May 6, 2023
New Braunfels ISD will hold a General Election on May 6, 2023. Single Member District 2, Single Member District 4, and one At-Large Positions will be on the ballot. These are for a three-year term.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district’s general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5 p.m. on the 78th day before Election Day. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.055(a), Tex. Elec. Code § 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5 p.m. on the 74th day before Election Day
First Day to File for Place on the Ballot: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Last Day to File for Place on the Ballot: Friday, February 17, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Last Day to Register to Vote: Thursday, April 6, 2023
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Monday, April 24, 2023
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked): Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Tuesday, May 2, 2022
Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail: Saturday, May 6, 2023 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m.
An application for place on the ballot should be filed in person, by fax or by email with the Elections Administrator. Office location is the NBISD Administration Building, 1000 N Walnut Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130.
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
Tex. Elec. Code § 141.001.
The Texas Education Code imposes additional requirements:
- To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.061; Tex. Elec. Code § 11.002.
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
For more information or to request/submit an application, please contact:
Dr. Clint McLain
Assistant Superintendent of Finance & Operations
New Braunfels ISD
1000 N Walnut Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Phone (830) 643-5758
Fax (830) 643-5701
Page updated January 4, 2023.