Students who have transferred into New Braunfels ISD this fall semester may be eligible for referral and screening for Gifted/Talented services.* Referral forms will be available in the school office or online at nbisd.org. Referral forms must be submitted to the school office no later than the close of the first week of school.
*For nominated transfer students, standardized, nationally-normed achievement scores should show evidence of high academic ability.
NBISD Gifted/Talented Services support identified students in grades K-12. Gifted/Talented individuals frequently behave in these ways, (adapted from J. Szabos, CHALLENGE (34), 1989)
- Read and comprehend above grade level with ease
- Thrive on complexity
- Work consistently two or more years above grade level
- Discuss and/or write in detail, elaborate
- Have wild, silly ideas
- Manipulate information to create new thoughts
- Behave in mature ways
- Infer sophisticated ideas
- Master new ideas/skills with only 1-2 repetitions
If your child behaves in many of the ways described above, you may wish to refer him/her for Gifted/Talented services. Further information is available from your school counselor.
Referral does not assure qualification. Students new to NBISD who qualify for the services will begin receiving services immediately.