Dual Language Program
The NBISD Dual Language Program provides an opportunity for students to become bilingual, biliterate, and bicultural in two languages, English and Spanish. The students are provided instruction in both languages in order to facilitate native language and second language development.
This dual language immersion 2-way program is offered in grades K-5 at Carl Schurz Elementary (for Carl Schurz, Lamar, Seele and Veramendi) and Voss Farms Elementary (for County Line, Klein, Memorial, Voss Farms and Walnut Springs).
A mandatory Parent Information Meeting is held each spring for incoming Kindergarten students.
Dual Language Program Guide
- What is Dual Language?
- Goals of the Program
- Benefits of Dual Language
- Program Standards
- Eligibility Standards - Entering Kindergarten
- Eligibility Standards - Entering 1st Grade
- Eligibility Standards - Entering 2nd Grade
- Program Locations and Transportation
- Program Expectations