New Braunfels Independent School District recognizes the importance of the role of the substitutes in the total educational program. As a substitute, the function is to assist in minimizing the interruption in the students learning activities occasioned by the absence of the regular teacher. We are currently looking for Substitutes that can commit to working 10 days per semester. Mondays and Fridays are frequently needed throughout our district so we ask that you only apply if you are available to work these days.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Higher - original transcript will be required at onboarding
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 10 days per semester
- Must have a satisfactory outcome of Fingerprinting/Background check - Information will be sent out if you need to complete your fingerprints, please do not do this on your own
- Attendance at new substitute onboarding
- Completion of State required online compliance courses. This information will be sent out after you attend your onboarding session
Please complete the online application for District Wide Substitute. Once your application has been submitted it will be reviewed by our Human Resource Department. If selected you will be invited to our next new hire onboarding session. Sessions are held monthly beginning in September.
$110/day - Daily rate
$130/day - Texas certified teacher
$120/day - LVN in a nursing position
$160/day - RN in a nursing position
$150/day - Long term assignment over 15 days* (sub must be a Texas Certified teacher)
$200/day - Vacant teaching position* (sub must be a Texas Certified teacher)
Half day assignments are paid half of the daily rate.
* Long Term Rate Guidelines - A Texas certified Teacher who works and completes at least 15 consecutive days for a Teacher/Librarian/Counselor in the same job assignment (resulting from Temporary Disability or Family Medical Leave Act); will be considered a long-term substitute. The daily rate for a long-term sub is $150.00 per day through that assignment. Any days missed during the assignment will be subtracted from the job total which may result in not qualifying for the long-term rate.
* Vacant Teaching Position Guidelines - If you are a Texas certified teacher filling a vacant teaching position will receive $200.00 a day. If you are an uncertified sub filling in this position you will receive the daily rate of $110.
To explore the opportunities with New Braunfels ISD, click on the link below. Applications are only accepted online through TalentEd Hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for district wide substitutes will only be accepted when the position is posted on the link below.
1000 N. Walnut
New Braunfels, TX 78130
HR Specialist / Substitute Coordinator